Sharing little chunks of my experience as I head out to Ludhiana with the IBM Corporate Service Corps

Monday, February 17, 2014

Ring Ring Ring

Cultural clashes are not always where you expect them to be.

We have all been very surprised at how people here will pick up and answer their phones during meetings, it appears to be the normal and expected thing to do. It is a little disturbing at first, especially when all those present in the meeting are on the phone at the same time (yes, it happens) !

I guess the way to handle this is to pause and wait for them to finish, until the next call... I only wish they had coffee machines in the offices, that way we would be able to walk out and take a cappuccino while they finish their conversations ;o)

I read that voice mail doesn't work well here, that seems strange but I guess it might be an explanation.



No comments:

Post a Comment